- "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you."
- Deuteronomy 16:17
DIFFERENT WAYS TO GIVE:
- Giving online is a simple and convenient way to give each month. You are able to set up for one-time gifts or automatic recurring gifts. You may change your amount or cancel at any time.
Giving By Mail
- Your checks can be mailed to the church office:
United Methodist Church of Sun City Center
1971 Haverford Ave.
Sun City Center, FL. 33573
Text To Give
- Text SCCUMC to 73256 to give to your Ministry Fund using your text messaging. Standard test message rates do apply.
- Or Scan the QR Code:
- Offertory envelopes will be available as you arrive for Worship. You are able to place your cash or checks in the envelope and drop them in the offertory basket as you leave.
September Mission of the Month
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative brain disease and the most common form of dementia. Dementia is not a specific disease. Our annual report reveals the burden of Alzheimer’s and dementia on individuals, caregivers, government and the nation’s health care system. It's an overall term that describes a group of symptoms. Researchers believe there is not a single cause of Alzheimer's disease. It likely develops from multiple factors such as genetics, lifestyle and environment. The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. We work on a national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias. As the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing vital research toward methods of treatment, prevention and ultimately, a cure. The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer’s research and care initiatives at the state and federal level.
We will host the 17th annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s here on Saturday, October 14th at 9:00am. It began right here at our church, and we continue to be the anchor for this event. We provide the venue, volunteers, sound system, and the financial support to ensure its success. This is proof of our commitment to this important cause! The Walk is held in over 600 communities, and is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. If you would like to participate, you can join the Methodists on the Move team at https://act.alz.org/southshorefl. Donate to the September Mission of the Month, attend, or simply pray for a successful day. If you have any questions about the Walk, you can contact Victoria Sorensen at church or Connie Lesko at (813) 927-1147.